The AIA|DC Emerging Architects Committee presents the second annual THESIS SHOWCASE for emerging professionals to present their architectural theses to practitioners from around the Washington, D.C. area.
This program aims to bridge the gap between recent graduates and practicing architects by providing an opportunity for practitioners to view a sample of work emerging from architecture schools. Four to five presenters will be selected to speak for 10 minutes each, after which an emcee will moderate questions from the audience and help draw connections between thesis projects. Before and after the presentations there will be a networking reception with opportunities for conversation between the presenters and attendees.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree from any NAAB accredited program
- Applications must have graduated in 2013, 2014, or 2015
- Applicant must have completed a thesis or capstone project
To be considered for this opportunity:
- FILL OUT THE ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM HERE
- You will need to attach a PDF document featuring images and supplemental information to illustrate the thesis. Document should be formatted at 11″x17″ and be no longer than 2 pages and no larger than 4MB.
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, July 1st. Selected speakers will be notified in mid-July.
- The Thesis Showcase event will be held on Thursday, August 27th from 6pm-8pm at the District Architecture Center.
- Presenters will be encouraged to arrive between 5:45pm and 6pm to set up.
- A computer and projector will be provided for display of slideshows and video. Presenters should bring their files on a USB drive.
- Presenters are also invited to bring models, printed boards, or other material to use as part of their presentations and to display during the cocktail hour.
Last year’s Thesis Showcase speakers included Amir Ali Abadi, Tony Len, Ruben Morgado, and Margaret Osial.