The Washington, D.C. office of E/L STUDIO seeks a critical thinker with great design sensibilities and communication skills to support numerous Architecture and Interior Design initiatives. The candidate should possess a strong interest or experience in design and have a keen interest in detailing and construction. The position and nature of the office environment requires individuals who are flexible, articulate, resourceful, creative and committed.
Based in New York and Washington, E/L STUDIO is the architecture and design collaboration of Elizabeth Emerson and Mark Lawrence, AIA. Together, their experience reflects a broad range of project types and scales.
The Designer will work closely with the E/L STUDIO’s Partners to conceptualize, develop and execute scopes of work of various scales. The Designer should be able to understand and conceptualize the interior spaces as a holistic treatment of the overall architectural language of the building
- Assisting in management and production of presentation materials for client meetings and internal reviews including traditional 2-D architectural drawings in AutoCAD or Revit as well as 3-D study models in Rhino, 3ds Max, or Sketch up
- Assisting in management and production of presentation layout using Indesign and Illustrator
- Production of documentation for all traditional phases of an architectural projects including: Concept Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Outline Specifications for Interior Finishes and FF&E, Construction Administration RFIs
- Assisting in management and production of Materials Research & Sourcing
- Assisting in management and production of Material Board Assembly
- Assisting in management and specification of Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment (FF&E) selection
- Design and production of intent drawings for custom designed elements
- Professional bachelors degree or greater in Architecture (1 – 2 years of experience preferred? Or some working experience preferred?)
- Proficient knowledge of the following computer programs: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, 3ds MAX, Sketch Up, Grasshopper, Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; Microsoft Office: Word, and Excel
- Ability to convey ideas through hand sketching
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and self-motivate
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to confidently and effectively communicate, the ability to manage time, and the ability to work independently, as well as with team members.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject ‘Application for Employment – Intern Architect’