AECOM (NYSE: ACM) is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation, and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural, and social environments.
Prepares layouts, sketches, diagrams and space plans required to convey design intent. Prepares required construction drawings including plans, details and schedules using Revit and other related design software. Prepares calculations and assists with cost estimates. Assists with selection and research of project finishes, materials and equipment. Prepares graphics and visualizations for project presentations under direction of a senior team leader. Works under general supervision following established procedures to perform specific design and development tasks. The extent of the tasks will be based on individual capabilities and experience. Adapts and modifies design features and operational methods under moderate supervision of an architect or manager to meet project specifications. Employee works with clients as well as the internal and external project team to execute the project from concept to execution and completion.
2+ years of experience with an architecture firm designing buildings and producing contract documents. Accredited professional degree in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture), or equivalent. Strong written and verbal communications skills, graphic skills and design ability. Proficient in AutoCAD, Building Information Modeling (Revit), Photoshop and PowerPoint. Flexibility to travel within the United States and Internationally. U.S. citizenship required.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems and will be able to independently determine and develops the most appropriate approach to solutions. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to the items below.
- Applying a diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices; using advanced techniques
- Overseeing finished plans, specifications, and material approval
- Preparing designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and working drawings
- Developing details and edits specifications
- Adapting and modifying design features and operational methods to meet a variety of situations
- Directing the activities of architectural personnel
- Coordinating design activities with other disciplines
- Providing technical leadership to assigned projects to assure that all technical work produced is of high quality and within the context of schedule and budget
- Bachelor of Architecture or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Licensed as a registered architect, preferably in VA
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop and PowerPoint
- Diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices