The Neighborhood Development Company seeks talented junior architects to join the team’s new venture combining responsible development, design and construction in and around the Metro area.
We create places where people want to live, work and play. We have a long history of working with residents, government leaders, community groups, and local businesses to produce projects that are as welcomed as they are welcoming.
A portfolio of work executed to date in partnership with local design firms can be found at www.neighborhooddevelopment.com. For a sample of work performed by our newly appointed lead designer, click here. NDC brings a history of successful commitment to Washington D.C.’s urban infill landscape, and seeks qualified, enthusiastic designers to join in the launch of an in house design department.
- Ability to work independently on executing assignments while contributing to larger team discussions around project design and office graphics
- 3-5 years of experience in urban architecture, preferably with a focus on housing.
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- Expertise in production of presentation materials using Adobe software, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in CAD management, project documentation, construction documents and construction administration.
- Established ability to implement graphic standards in both presentation packages and working drawings for renovation and ground up projects.- Software proficiency required: Revit and Autocad Architecture; 3-D modeling and rendering, and – 3D printing proficiency with resin and/or powder equipment
Qualified candidates should submit samples of work along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Packages should follow the following naming convention: LAST NAME_DATE_ASSOCIATE.pdf, be formatted to print at 8.5×11 and should not exceed 5 MB. Resumes received without samples of work will not be considered. Material by email preferred, however if snail mail works best for you well presented hard copy is always welcome.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We’re excited to meet young design talent with a common interest in impactful design and urban projects.