Leo A Daly is seeking the services of a project architect to support its growing portfolio of projects. This individual will assist with the design and documentation on a wide variety of projects. This position will collaborate with a multi-disciplined team of Architects and Engineers and be responsible for the architectural leadership for multiple projects that may be scheduled concurrently.
- Review and discuss project goals, objectives, design standards and procedures with Project Manager and Director of Design
- Provide information for and participate in various pre-design services such as: feasibility, site selection, and cost analysis.
- Develop, prepare and review drawings that show details of the structures and specify dimensions and materials, particularly building enclosures.
- Prepare code compliance evaluations and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance in relation to zoning laws, fire regulations, building codes and other ordinances.
- Assist in the preparation of oral and written presentations on the design and production of projects; assist in the presentation and explanation of proposals, reports and findings
- Attend internal meetings to ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
- Coordinate information and work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the development and contract document phases of a project
- Lead a team of Architects, Technicians and Interns throughout the contract document phases of a project; serve as a mentor for less experienced Architects and developing Architectural personnel
- Provide strong technical detailing skills in a variety of construction materials and building types
- Report status of design process and cost analysis to appropriate Project Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned or instructed
- Registered Architect
- 10 – 15 years relevant professional experience with small and medium scale facilities
- Proficiency with Autocad and REVIT is a MUST
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using Newforma, Deltek Vision, SketchUp and InDesign a plus
- LEED® Accredited Professional is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with programming is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills, detailing ability, strong code knowledge
- Planning experience a plus
- Ability to persuasively and visually communicate ideas
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with project personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to formulate sound and educated decisions based upon available information; strong self-confidence
- Excellent planning, time management and organization skills
- Excellent client management and customer service orientation and presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of various regulatory building codes
- Thorough working knowledge of current construction materials and methods
- Eligible to work on “Secure” projects a Plus
Leo A Daly Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Leo A Daly Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 402-391-8111. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law
Please apply online at http://www.leoadaly.com/careers/