Our parent organization’s parent organization, AIA National, is seeking a summer intern.
This is a three-month (June-August 2016) summer internship position on the Emerging Professionals team reporting to the Senior Director of the Center for Emerging Professionals. The function of this position is to provide support of AIA Emerging Professionals projects including event planning, development of knowledge resources, and maintenance of existing programs.
- Assist with development of new written, graphic, and video content
- Contribute to social media channels
- Assist with Emerging Professionals Exhibition and Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship programs
- Contribute to new product launch targeting emerging professionals
- Assist with event planning, marketing, and session development at AIAS Grassroots and NCARB’s Licensing Advisors Summit
- Learn about AIA organization and structure in a fast-paced professional membership organization
- Understand licensure requirements and articulate options within profession
- Opportunity to attend AIAS Grassroots as well as local lectures/events
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities. Ability to work well with others and independently with minimal supervision. Basic writing, copy editing, and proofreading skills required. Experience with HTML preferred. Familiarity with Abobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) required. Superior writing and analysis skills preferred. Superior technical skills, attention to detail are required. Strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
Architectural students working towards or recently obtained a NAAB-accredited degree (B.Arch, M.Arch) required.
Commitment to AIA mission.
Dates for Internship: June-August 2016