MV+A is looking for a Licensed Architect with extensive experience in Construction Administration to lead our CA efforts. The Director of Construction Administration is a new position at MV+A; the ideal candidate is a successful Project Architect/Project Manager and is particularly adept at Construction Administration and all it entails.
This is a unique opportunity to build a career at an established, respected, and very successful firm, working on a wide variety of mixed-use and retail projects. Architects with a background in Construction Administration, a background as a successful PM with a keen interest in CA, or a background in Project Management with a general contractor will all be considered.
MV+A is an award-winning team of architects and planners entering our third decade of innovative, exceptional design and architecture. Projects include the P Street Whole Foods Market, 77 H Street in DC, and our continuing work on Rodin Square in Philadelphia. We are passionate about sharing ideas and creating a striking, contextual, and impactful built environment.
As Director of Construction Administration, you will:
- Be the primary lead architect during construction on at least one major project (over $50,000,000) and other smaller projects (>$15,000,000)
- Be responsible for creating and managing the firm’s Construction Administration policies and procedures
- Support other Project Managers as they lead CA efforts on their projects
- Regularly meet with and report to the firm principals to update them on current projects under construction
- Create a forum for mentoring the firm staff on the firm’s CA efforts and policies
- Perform peer reviews of Construction Documents prior to issuance
- Create and regularly update a “Best Practices” database
- Manage a variety of data management and data transfer software
- Stay abreast of current construction practices and technologies
- Registered architect with a minimum of ten years’ experience
- Extensive experience providing CA services on complex construction projects
- Proven ability to successfully communicate within a busy architectural firm and with consultants, long term clients and general contractors
- Experience as a Project Architect/Manager with AutoCAD proficiency. Knowledge of REVIT not required but preferred
- Limited travel, typically day trips, East Coast focused
- Experience with a variety of file share, scheduling and project management software
- Strong desire to lead and mentor a talented and growing office of Interns, Project Architects and Project Managers.
Benefits include a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. MV+A has a beautiful open office space with a collaborative, focused, and energetic team. Each week begins with a staff breakfast and staff meeting, and firm events include: field trips to current and completed projects, happy hours, visits to local museums, baseball games at Nats Stadium, and our annual CrabFeast and holiday party. We generally take advantage of all that downtown DC has to offer.
We want to hear about the talent and skills you can bring to our team. Please send resume and work examples to email@example.com.
MV+A is an established, award-winning architecture and planning firm located in the heart of Washington DC. Our work consists of the planning and design of mixed-use, retail, commercial, and residential projects, both within the mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Find information at www.mva-arch.com.