Urban Design Group, LLC (UDG) is an eco-conscious architecture firm that is dedicated to creating sustainable buildings that invigorate their surroundings. Our architecture intends to stimulate and inspire people and communities to reflect and renew their commitment to the environment. It is the driving force behind our design endeavors. Our portfolio includes commercial, residential, historic preservation, adaptive reuse projects and more, and is continuing to expand. UDG engages with society not only through our architecture, but with proactive civic engagement and professional leadership.
UDG is currently seeking a creative, motivated, and technically proficient Project Designer/Architect with demonstrated capabilities in design, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Previous experience working in an architecture firm is preferred. We are a mid-size firm that is working on a range of complex, very high quality projects and are looking for people who work well under time constraints in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Assist with the production of project documents through all phases of a project from pre-design through construction administration.
- Represent the firm in a professional manner maintaining client confidence and respect.
- Participate in design strategy sessions and presentations.
- Interface with design consultants, owner representatives, public officials and review officials.
- Participate in interviews and other business development activities.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required; Masters in Archictecture degree a plus
- Inventive, creative thinking, collaborative, and a readiness to learn quickly
- Proficiency with Revit (BIM) systems is required
- Ability to effectively convey information and ideas
- Ability to render in Photoshop and create presentations in InDesign and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Rhino, and/or 3D Max rendering programs is a plus
- Strong sketching and freehand drawings skills are a plus
- LEED accreditation is a plus; required within one year
- Enrollment in IDP, on the path to attaining professional registration is a plus; required within one year
- Strong communication skills, team oriented, self-driven work ethic
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to meet fast paced project demands
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Valid work permit (USA)
UDG offers a competitive salary and benefit package, including medical and vision coverage, 401k, health care savings accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits based on candidate’s experience level.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or drop-in inquiries. Only candidates meeting the above qualifications will be considered.