At Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, environmental, and infrastructure projects to life. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
- Interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
- Assist in preparation of project budget, schedule and overall work planning.
- Utilize Revit in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Prepare documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details.
- Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Assure permit requirements for city building permit sets are achieved.
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation including clash detection within the BIM model.
- Coordinate with and direct external consultants including evaluation of quality and progress of work.
- Execute building design using sustainable design principles.
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Participate in client project meetings.
- Participate in value analysis and basic cost estimating.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Recommend and assist in the selection of building systems and materials.
- Be responsible for the accuracy of and assist in the preparation of specifications.
- Participate in bidding and negotiation and preparation of addenda.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
- Proactively inform the construction process in maintaining quality standards and adherence to the contract documents.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs, prepare site observation reports, and other construction administration tasks.
- Coordinate the efforts of the production team to ensure that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience as a Project Architect required.
- Degree in support of an Architectural license required (accredited Master’s degree or 5 year Bachelor’s degree).
- Architectural license is required; ability to meet NCARB requirements for licensure in other states required.
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred.
- Architectural experience in educational facilitates is preferred.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Strong technical competence. Ability to faithfully execute and support design ideas through well-conceived, constructible, and coordinated detailing.
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- Skilled in use of Revit.
- Design-focused, team player, flexible, responsible, organized, rigorous thinker, committed to high quality, personable with strong communication skills. Open minded and curious.
Stantec is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.