The Washington, D.C. office of Perkins+Will is hiring a Project Architect.
Are you committed to design excellence?
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?
If yes, join us in changing the world through design!
We are looking for architects with experience in healthcare, science+technology, labs, institutional work, higher education, and commercial projects.
As a Project Architect on the Perkins+Will team, you will:
• Be responsible for planning, developing, and executing technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing, and coordinating project team assignments
• Direct and coordinate production of schematic, design development and construction documents in collaboration with Project Manager
• Perform construction administration duties (e.g., RFI’s, RFP’s, change orders, etc.)
• Execute applicable agency review analysis (accessibility, zoning, life-safety, etc.)
• Establish budget, task schedule, and other components of the work plan with Project Manager
• Participate in marketing efforts and may lead presentations to prospective clients
• Work with engineering consultants through schematic and design development phases
• Direct, organize, and mentor junior staff with responsibility for oversight
• Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
Desired Skills and Experience
• A professional degree in Architecture, Design, or related discipline
• 8+ years of experience
• Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
• Ability to direct and coordinate work efforts of junior staff
• Experience in all phases and aspects of a project
• Familiarity with building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
• Understanding of project management process
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
• LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
• Licensure required
How To Apply
Send your resume and a combined PDF of your work samples via LinkedIn.